TWG Research Synopsis and Recommendations
TWG Research Synopsis and Recommendations is the last of five reports released by the Iron Ore Technical Working Group (TWG) considering the adequacy of current methods for determining Transportable Moisture Limit (TML) for Iron Ore Fines and consider new and/or amended existing methods to be included in Appendix 2 of the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code (IMSBC Code). This report integrates the results of all of the preceding research into a series of recommendations that informed the deliberations of the Correspondence Group.
Other reports released by the TWG:
- TWG Terms of Reference 1 - This report assesses the adequacy of current IMSBC Code methods for determining the Transportable Moisture Limit (TML) of Iron Ore Fines (IOF).
- TWG Marine Report - This document reports the characteristics of vessel motions and forces imposed on IOF cargoes during transit; the impacts of vessel size and sea conditions (swell, sea and wind); and, the stability of vessels in various cargo behaviour scenarios.
- TWG Iron Ore Fines Proctor-Fagerberg Test - Building on the outcomes of Report #1, this document explores potential adjustments to one of the existing routine IOF test methods – or a new test – to better reflect actual in-hold shipping conditions and observations.
- TWG Reference Tests - This report provides further evidence to substantiate the applicability of the routine IOF test method identified in Report #3 through the material’s performance in real-world conditions using a variety of well-established geotechnical methods, numerical modelling and cargo observation.
- TWG Research Synopsis and Recommendations - This report integrates the results of all of the preceding research into a series of recommendations that informed the deliberations of the Correspondence Group.
Note: This is only a description of the document.
|Document Identification||TWG Research Synopsis and Recommendations|
|Description||Iron Ore Technical Working Group Submission for Verification, Research Synopsis and Recommendations.|
|Date Added||26 April 2015|